Social Media Manager
Are you passionate about promoting the culture of Berlin? Are you Very Online? Are you a bit of a Person About Town, with a calendar full of cultural events? If yes, then you could be LOLA’s Social Media Manager.
As Social Media Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing and updating the social media calendar, creating a variety of content, and helping to grow our network. You should be savvy with social media platforms, have strong English writing and editing skills, and be engaged in the culture of Berlin. Please send a CV and a short cover letter outlining your interest in the position to apply.
What we’re looking for:
- Native-level English with a knack for punctuation and grammar
- Experience working with Google Docs, and Drive. Bonus points if you can use InDesign
- A natural communicator with banging organisational and project management skills
- A time commitment of around fours hours per week
Tasks will include:
- Planning and managing the LOLA social media calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Working with the Managing Editor to organise social media content
- Attending and reporting on cultural events through the LOLA social media channels
- Engaging with the LOLA community
- Implementing strategies to grow the LOLA audience
At the moment, everyone works for LOLA on a voluntary basis. We are in the process of monetising the platform and developing new sources of revenue as a way to pay contributors. We also engage in Agency work as Lola & The Bean, and share this work among our contributors whenever possible. Our goal is to have sustainable revenue streams in place for 2022.
We are a core team of five, with an extended team of more than 30 contributors. Everyone works remotely, and when possible we have in-person group meetings.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Social Media Manager.