Is writing your jam? Do you find joy in delivering well-crafted articles? Are you enthusiastic about meeting and interviewing cultural producers? If this perks up your ears, we want to hear from you.
LOLA is looking for a new Editorial Writer. The position is open to individuals who would like a chance to strengthen their writing and editing skills. The editorial writer is responsible for writing a bi-weekly column for digital, pitching additional articles, and contributing to the print issues of LOLA. Experience writing and editing in English are required. Please send a CV, a short paragraph or two outlining your interest in the position, and writing samples or a portfolio to apply.
What we’re looking for:
- Native-level English with a knack for punctuation and grammar
- Experience working with Google Docs, and Drive.
- Ability to understand and work to a brief
- Ability to deliver on deadlines
- A time commitment of around fours hours per week
Tasks will include:
- Writing content for the regular LOLA sections
- Interviewing cultural creators
- Working with the Managing Editor to discuss content ideas
At the moment, everyone works for LOLA on a voluntary basis. We are in the process of monetising the platform and developing new sources of revenue as a way to pay contributors. We also engage in Agency work as Lola & The Bean, and share this work among our contributors whenever possible. Our goal is to have sustainable revenue streams in place for 2022.
We are a core team of five, with an extended team of more than 30 contributors. Everyone works remotely, and when possible we have in-person group meetings.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Editorial Writer. The closing date for applications is Friday September 3rd.