Do you find organising spreadsheets to be strangely satisfying? Is deep research into the best cultural events in Berlin something that lights your fire? Do you love talking to people? Then maybe you are LOLA’s new Editorial Coordinator!
The Editorial Coordinator will work closely with the Managing Editor to envision content for both digital and print format. Pitching ideas for potential articles for both the digital publication and print editions of LOLA is also strongly encouraged. In addition, the Editorial Coordinator will be responsible for researching and writing about events in Berlin for a short weekly column. Experience writing and editing in English are required, and you should be engaged with the culture of Berlin. Please send a CV, a short paragraph or two outlining your interest in the position, and writing samples or a portfolio to apply.
What we’re looking for:
- Native-level English with a knack for punctuation and grammar
- Experience working with Google Docs, and Drive, experience of using WordPress and InDesign is a plus
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- A time commitment of around fours hours per week
Tasks will include:
- Managing the LOLA editorial calendar and owning the LOLA event calendar
- Researching editorial ideas and concepts
- Communicating with LOLA’s cultural partners
- Designing editorial features in WordPress
- Liaising closely with the Managing Editor and LOLA writers
- Assisting with the production of the LOLA print issues
At the moment, everyone works for LOLA on a voluntary basis. We are in the process of monetising the platform and developing new sources of revenue as a way to pay contributors. We also engage in Agency work as Lola & The Bean, and share this work among our contributors whenever possible. Our goal is to have sustainable revenue streams in place for 2022.
We are a core team of five, with an extended team of more than 30 contributors. Everyone works remotely, and when possible we have in-person group meetings.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Editorial Coordinator. The closing date for applications is Friday September 3rd. The closing date for applications is Friday September 3rd.